Make More, Waste Less
This quarter’s Chambers Survey of club leaders around the country focused on generating revenue and combating inefficiencies.
- 80% have added special events and programs in hopes of increasing revenues
- 69% have recently improved recreational facilities
- 54% ginned up outdoor food & beverage service
- Fitness facilities were most often the most recently renovated space with 50% renovating within the last 3 years
- Renovating dining facilities increased revenues by at least 10% for 76% of respondents
- 58% of those who upped the ante on their function and banquet facilities have seen a 20+% increase
- Improvements to fitness and swimming facilities made for at least a 10+% bump for more than 75%
- 63% have up-to-date infrastructure systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing)
- For those who’ve updated their systems in the last 5 years, 29% have seen an 11-20% energy savings
- 57% are saving 5-10%
- 70% are NOT using a technology-based system to manage and optimize mechanical and energy systems
AND THE WORK-AROUNDS
- 54% are overstaffed because of layout inefficiencies
- 46% have added extra HVAC to regulate problem spaces
- 23% have had to shut down spaces because they’re too hot or too cold
Want to participate in our next survey? Email us your name, title and club.
The results of The Chambers Survey will be released with each quarterly issue of Club Road. Chambers received responses from club owners and GMs in 14 states, from California to New York, Michigan to Florida.