PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT ARCHITECT
One of the nation’s leading Planning, Architecture, and Interior Design firms is searching for a Project Manager / Project Architect for their Baltimore, MD Headquarters with 10-20 years of experience.
The Project Manager / Project Architect is responsible for management and development of key hospitality projects, primarily private clubs, in the architecture studio. Under the day-to-day supervision of the Director of Architecture, and in close collaboration with the project design team, the Project Manager / Project Architect will lead team efforts for architecture projects from master planning feasibility & concept through building design and construction.
In addition, the Project Manager / Project Architect will coordinate efforts with associated engineers and consultants to ensure deliverables are completed on time and in budget. The Project Manager / Project Architect will work with the production team in the preparation and review of design and construction documents, utilizing the firm’s established guidelines and standards to ensure the success of the design studio.
- Developing architectural projects and coordinating closely with the Project Director and project team to generate deliverables such as architectural drawing sets, project schedules, and design specifications.
- Leading each phase of design projects that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, bid & negotiation and construction administration.
- Managing architectural projects and overseeing project team, under the supervision of the Firmwide Director of Architecture, to deliver projects within project timeline & fee (on-time and on-budget).
- Developing and refining design concepts for planning, architecture and interior design projects
- Coordinating with other Chambers’ offices on joint projects
- Ensuring project designers and architects adhere to Chambers’ and our clients’ policies and procedures.
- Reviewing staffing and scheduling projections for architecture projects, and participating in weekly office-wide scheduling meetings
- Creating initial massing, site planning, space planning, and design concepts utilizing Revit, SketchUp, and hand sketches / renderings.
- Managing work plans to deliver exceptional presentations and construction documents.
- Reviewing design documentation and specifications for quality control and conformity with project design concepts
- Evaluating progress of projects, performance, and design goals
- Offering leadership, clear guidance, and feedback to the project team on a regular basis to ensure quality results.
- Maintaining a strong presence in a professional organization (such as the AIA, USGBC, CMA, etc.)
- Serving as a Chambers representative for clients as well as consultants, contractors, and colleagues within the industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- A minimum of 10 years architectural experience, hospitality experience preferred
- Registered Architect / NCARB preferred
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Conceptual / master planning skills
- Building Design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaboration skills
- Organization skills
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
- Experience in preparation of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Strong visual communication skills including hand sketching, graphic diagrams, 3D modeling & rendering
- Knowledge of graphic software tools such as Photoshop, Enscape, and SketchUp is desirable
- Experience in sustainable design / LEED is a plus
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Chambers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package and a welcoming environment that encourages and supports professional development.
MORE ABOUT CHAMBERS
Since 1899, Chambers has evolved to become one of the largest, award-winning design and planning firms in the nation with a focus on private club, hospitality, and lifestyle design. With a holistic approach to private club planning and design, Chambers provides a full suite of services to our national and international clientele. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Chambers has additional offices in Dallas, Minneapolis, Washington D.C, and Naples.