SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT ARCHITECT
BALTIMORE / DALLAS / NAPLES
The Senior Project Manager/Project Architect is responsible for management and development of key projects in the architecture studio. Under the day-to-day supervision of the Firmwide Director of Architecture, and in close collaboration with the Project Director, Lead Project Architect and Senior Interior Designer, the Senior Project Manager/Project Architect will lead project management efforts for architecture projects from conceptual master plans through building design and construction. In addition, the Senior Project Manager/Project Architect will coordinate efforts with all associated technical disciplines and consultants to ensure deliverables are completed on time and in budget. The Senior Project Manager/Project Architect will assist the production team in the preparation and review of design and construction documents, utilizing the firm’s established guidelines and standards to ensure the success of the office’s design studios.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Managing architectural projects under the supervision of the Firmwide Director of Architecture, including scheduling, and overseeing architectural staff to execute projects on-time and in-budget.
- Coordinating with other Chambers’ offices on joint projects
- Working with senior management and marketing to fit design strategy within the organizational vision, provide marketing coordination, and represent the architecture studio as well as the overall firm
- Managing the architectural design process and working with Chambers’ project management committee to improve design strategy & processes, including training staff on Chambers’ design and project management standards
- Ensuring project designers and architects adhere to our clients’ policies and procedures
- Leading design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation
- Providing staffing, scheduling, and budgeting projections for architecture projects, and participating in weekly office-wide scheduling meetings
- Overseeing initial massing, site planning, space planning and design concepts during initial master planning
- Managing work plans to deliver exceptional presentations and construction documents
- Reviewing design specifications for quality control and conformity with project design concepts
- Evaluating progress of projects, performance, and design goals
- Engaging with our high-end private club clientele and other key stakeholders
- Offering leadership, clear guidance, and feedback as a Senior Project Manager to the project team on a regular basis to ensure quality results
- Maintaining a strong presence in professional organizations such as the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Assuming overall responsibility for profit and loss of the Project Managers’ project work
- Helping draft proposals and estimating projects fees alongside the Firmwide Director of Architecture
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Chambers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package and a welcoming environment that encourages and supports professional development.
MORE ABOUT CHAMBERS
Since 1899, Chambers has evolved to become one of the largest, award-winning design and planning firms in the nation with a focus on private club, hospitality, and lifestyle design. With a holistic approach to private club planning and design, Chambers provides a full suite of services to our national and international clientele. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Chambers has additional offices in Dallas, Minneapolis, Washington D.C, and Naples.