SENIOR PROJECT ARCHITECT
One of the nation’s leading Planning, Architecture, and Interior Design firms is searching for a Senior Project Architect with 7-15 years of experience.
Qualified Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- License or NCARB certification preferred with active record in good standing
- Proven design experience and a strong portfolio exemplifying creative designs for architectural projects
- Experience managing the design process from pre-design/programming through construction administration
- Significant experience working with expanded project teams, including engineering consultants, general contractors and vendors
- Fluency in AutoCAD and Revit; additional software a plus
- Current and working knowledge of building codes, AIA documents, and procedures
- Contract Administration capabilities
- Experience in hospitality design is preferred
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and managing key architecture projects, including conceptual master plans and building design
- Coordinating closely with the Director of Architecture – Baltimore to lead architectural design efforts and generate project deliverables such as architectural drawing sets, project schedules, and project specifications
- Managing architectural projects under the supervision of the Firmwide Director of Architecture, including scheduling within project fee and overseeing architectural staff to execute projects on-time and on-budget
- Developing design concepts for master planning and architecture projects working closely with Director of Design
- Coordinating with other Chambers’ offices on joint projects
- Ensuring project designers and architects adhere to our clients’ policies and procedures
- Leading design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation
- Reviewing staffing and scheduling projections for architecture projects, and participating in weekly office-wide scheduling meetings
- Creating initial massing, site planning, space planning, and design concepts during initial master planning
- Managing work plans to deliver exceptional presentations and construction documents
- Reviewing design specifications for quality control and conformity with project design concepts
- Evaluating progress of projects, performance and design goals
- Engaging with our high-end private club clientele and other key stakeholders
- Offering leadership, clear guidance and feedback as a Senior Project Architect to the project team on a regular basis to ensure quality results
- Maintaining a strong presence in professional organizations such as the AIA, ULI, USGBC, etc.
- Serving as a Chambers representative for clients as well as consultants, contractors, and colleagues within the industry
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Chambers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package and a welcoming environment that encourages and supports professional development.
MORE ABOUT CHAMBERS
Since 1899, Chambers has evolved to become one of the largest, award-winning design and planning firms in the nation with a focus on private club, hospitality, and lifestyle design. With a holistic approach to private club planning and design, Chambers provides a full suite of services to our national and international clientele. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Chambers has additional offices in Dallas, Minneapolis, Washington D.C, and Naples.