Looking for a well-rounded interior design internship that will give you a taste of professional life? Then you have found your match!
Chambers’ Interior Design Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate with interior designers and architects on exclusive private club projects. This internship will touch all aspects of the design process including, but not limited to, master planning, programming, research and development, concept design, color and material selection, and preparing compelling boards and presentations. On the design side, interns will be charged with contributing to conceptual designs, schematic designs, and design development. Under the direction of senior studio designers, interns will participate in the selection of FF&E color palettes, material presentations, and create specifications. They will also assist in the preparation of lighting designs, materials, finishes, and furniture layouts. To create a well-rounded experience, Interior Design interns will become acquainted with administrative aspects of the profession by assisting in the preparation of FF&E budgets, picking up redlines of construction documents, and assisting in construction administration. Additionally, this internship will provide the opportunity to network with other design professionals through student organizations like ASID, NEWH, IIDA, and more.
Qualified Candidate Should Possess:
- A junior or senior working towards completing a BA or Masters in Interior Design at an accredited institution.
- A passion and aptitude for high end hospitality and/or residential interior design.
- A proactive attitude and a proven ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, REVIT, or other BIM software, in addition to Adobe Create Suite.
- Strong sketching abilities preferred.