DIRECTOR OF ARCHITECTURE – DALLAS
One of the nation’s leading Planning, Architecture and Interior Design firms is searching for a Director of Architecture for the Dallas, TX office with 10-15 years of experience.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Leading the Dallas architecture studio to conceptualize and develop design solutions
- Managing architectural projects under the supervision of the Firmwide Director of Architecture, including scheduling and overseeing architectural staff to execute projects on-time and in-budget
- Coordinating with other Chambers offices on joint projects
- Working with senior management and marketing to fit design strategy within the organizational vision, provide marketing coordination, and represent the architecture studio and overall firm
- Managing the architectural design process and working with Chambers’ leadership to improve design strategy, processes, and project management standards
- Ensuring designers and architects adhere to our clients’ policies and procedures
- Leading design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation
- Providing staffing and scheduling projections for the office’s architecture and interior design studios, including weekly office-wide scheduling meetings
- Overseeing initial massing, site planning, programming, space planning and design concepts during initial master planning
- Reviewing design drawings & specifications for quality control
- Engaging with our high-end private club clientele and other key stakeholders
- Acting as a mentor and manager for the Architecture Studio, offering leadership, clear guidance and feedback on a regular basis to ensure quality results
- Maintaining a strong presence in professional organizations such as AIA, NCARB, USGBC and CMAA
- Assuming overall responsibility for profit and loss of the Architecture studio in the Dallas office
- Helping prepare proposals and estimating fees alongside the Firmwide Directors of Planning, Architecture and Interior Design
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Chambers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package and a welcoming environment that encourages and supports professional development.
MORE ABOUT CHAMBERS
Since 1899, Chambers has evolved to become one of the largest, award-winning design and planning firms in the nation with a focus on private club, hospitality, and lifestyle design. With a holistic approach to private club planning and design, Chambers provides a full suite of services to our national and international clientele. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Chambers has additional offices in Dallas, Minneapolis, Washington D.C, and Naples.